Our Runway Runaround Countdown
It is now just over 2 weeks until our Fifteen Cornwall running team take on the Runway Runaround. The event is a 10k race ‘airside’ at Newquay Airport where we will be running the length of the runway, going through the hangers and past the Cornwall Air Ambulance helipad. It’s all in aid of two fantastic charities, the Cornwall Air Ambulance and the Cornwall Foundation of Promise; our charity which funds the Fifteen Cornwall apprentice programme.
What started off as a fun run for a very good cause has now turned into a rather fierce competition in house at Fifteen Cornwall. Each member of the running team is training hard (well, some more than others!) and it now looks as though the front runners will be Michael and Ashley. There is also some friendly rivalry between Nick and Kevin.
If you would like to come and support us you can cheer us on at Newquay Airport on Sunday March 25th. We are also looking for as much sponsorship as possible so if you visit our Virgin Money Giving page you can choose to sponsor any member of the running team. All donations are very gratefully received and it is true that every penny really does count.
The running team members are:
- Michael Mallett, Fifteen Cornwall
- Ashley Channon, Fifteen Cornwall
- Kevin Taylor, Fifteen Cornwall
- Debbie Warner, Fifteen Cornwall
- Chris Hugo, Fifteen Cornwall
- Ellie Garland, Fifteen Cornwall
- Heidi Fitzpatrick, Fifteen Cornwall
- Nick Wylie, Fifteen Cornwall
- Karl Jones, Fifteen Cornwall
- Rosie Halloran, Wild Card
- Hannah Humphrys, Wild Card
- Kath Teague, Wild Card
- Daniel Fitzpatrick, Cornwall Fire & Rescue
- Rob Carhart, Cornwall Fire & Rescue
Visit our website to find out more >>
Or keep up to date here on our blog, or on our Facebook page >>