Five Squash Recipes
We can’t get enough of squash! Great big Crown Prince, reliable Butternut and even the quite frankly very ugly knobbly gourds, we love them all. Here we have compiled our five favourite recipes from our own blog and JamieOliver.com. There is even a sweet one to finish!
1. The Best Squash Soup – with a soft hmmm of spice this is a real warmer, a simple supper for when it starts getting colder and darker or a tasty, healthy lunch.
2. Squash Sage and Goats Cheese Risotto – the sweetness of squash is complemented perfectly in this recipe by the fresh acidity of goats cheese and the savoury aromatics of the sage.
3. Venison with Squash Caponata – our Head Chef Andy Appleton is set to demonstrate this fantastic seasonal dish at Boscastle Festival on Sunday 5th October. Why not impress your friends at home with this cheffy offering?
4. Squash and Spinach Pasta Rotolo – this one is also sure to impress but with a little less effort- super simple and full of flavour.
5. Glut Squash Cupcakes – a deliciously different treat, great for lunch boxes or try warm with a big dollop of Cornish clotted cream for a seasonal pud!