During the college summer holidays our apprentices take part in a “Summer Programme” packed full activities aimed to be educational and help develop:
• Teamwork & Relationship Skills
• Positive Attitude & Motivation
• Communication & Interaction
• Behaviour & Public Conduct
• Awareness of safety (Self & Team)
July 2016 saw our first visit to 7th Rise – located on the Tregothnan Estate near Truro – a leading authentic outdoor course provider in foraging, fishing, bushcraft, wild food cooking, butchery, filleting & kayaking.
Here Charlie Trevenna, one of the programme co-ordinators, recounts how the day went…
Our instructor for the day was Matt Vernon who gave us a tour of the beautiful grounds on the edge of the River Fal before we settled down to work.