Press Release: Dessert is on Fifteen Cornwall this Autumn and Winter…
Dessert is on Fifteen Cornwall this Autumn and Winter season at the landmark Watergate Bay restaurant…
It’s hard to believe it’s already been 10 years since Jamie Oliver came down to Watergate Bay in 2006 and started the Fifteen Cornwall restaurant and Apprentice Programme.
The team wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the wonderful friends and supporters and customers who’ve helped them along the way by offering a special thank you.
What’s the deal…
Quote our thank you code when booking, whether online or via the website and get a complimentary course from our full Fifteen Cornwall lunch menu this Autumn and Winter.
Quote AWTHANKYOU2016 and enjoy lunch for:
- £26 for 2 courses with a complimentary third course
- £32 for 3 with a complimentary fourth course
Don’t miss this chance to visit one of Cornwall’s landmark restaurants 10 years on…
Fifteen Cornwall remains a leader on Cornwall’s booming food scene… with a team of talented, innovative and creative chefs striving to advance the Italian inspired menu with a Cornish twist by constantly researching new trends, developing strong local sourcing relationships and continuing to build a reputation for only working with the highest quality, freshest ingredients – the menu changing daily to reflect what’s delivered each day to the kitchen door.
Not only has its continued support of vulnerable young people and community producers made Fifteen a unique dining destination, but its team of innovative chefs and creative Italian-Cornish fusion menus has secured its status as one of the front runners in the South West’s booming foodie-scene.
What sort of dishes can we expect to see on the Fifteen Cornwall menu at this time of year?
- Porcini, borlotti bean risotto
- Hunter style rabbit on bruschetta or with pasta
- Agnolotti with beef short rib ragù
- Partridge with lardo and cob nut and plum agro dolce
- Saltimbocca of rabbit with artichokes, mint and pecorino
- Pigeon with porcini and speck
- Venison with lentichie di Casteluccio, purple sprouting broccoli, rosemary and anchovy
- Lamb with bianco perla polenta, Treviso Tardivo salsa verde
- Mackerel with puntarelle alla romana
- Bucatini with venison meatballs
- Risotto with cotechino and parmesan
- Lentichie di casteluccio with cotechino
- Fish stew with crostini and aioli
- Salted blade of beef, bianco perla polenta and horseradish gremolata
- Planeta poached brill with punterella and anchovy
- Baked black figs with zabione and cobnuts
- Apple and blackberry crumble tart
- Wild flower honey panna cotta, Abate pear and hazelnut shortbread
- Spongatta do petromeile
- Vanilla arancini with poached plums
- Zappole with espresso chocolate sauce
- Cinnamon and rhubarb cake
- Walnut and date pudding with custard
- Pinenut and honey tart with mascarpone
With a menu that changes daily depending on what’s delivered to the kitchen door by their local suppliers, there will always be something new and different to choose from.
To whet your appetite and see more sample menus visit
What is the code?
When can I redeem the code?
Your code can be redeemed Monday – Saturday
26 September 2016 – 22 October 2016
31 Oct – 17 Dec 2016
How many times can I redeem it?
You may use it as many times as you wish during the offer dates.
What else is happening at Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall this Autumn and Winter?
This is a really exciting time for Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall as their team of chefs have invited a brilliant line-up of some of the chefs they most want to work with for a series of exciting collaborations… guest chef collaborations include Dan Doherty, Group Executive Chef, Duck & Waffle on Thursday 1 December 2016
Dan, one of the most prominent chefs on London’s culinary scene, and Group Executive Chef at the Duck and Waffle, will be joining the Fifteen Cornwall Chefs to create a special five course tasting menu interspersing his signature dishes with our own.
For a full events listing go to FifteenCornwall.co.uk/events
Fifteen Cornwall is also famous for it’s fabulous dinner menu and a five or seven course tasting with wine pairing available in the evenings, and don’t forget breakfast for those uninterrupted sea views.
Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
All profits from Fifteen Cornwall go to the Cornwall Food Foundation. Registered charity no 1119341 which runs the award winning apprentice scheme.
Fifteen Cornwall, On The Beach, Watergate Bay, Cornwall, TR8 4AA
T: 01637 861000 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast: 8.30am – 10am
Lunch: 12pm – 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.15pm – 9.15pm
(There will be some seasonal variation)
10 years: What does it mean?
10 years; nearly three-quarters of a million diners served, 180 young people in need of a second change trained as apprentice chefs, 112 graduates and £30m sales generated with 100% of the profits going back into the development of young people and suppliers from Cornwall, that’s what Jamie Oliver came to Cornwall to celebrate as restaurant and social enterprise Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall hosted a day of 10th birthday festivities at it’s restaurant on Watergate Bay, North Cornwall during it’s 10th anniversary year.
Stats – 10 years on….
- 184 apprentices have been recruited to our kitchen – vast majority unemployed and untrained
- 50% of trainees recruited were suffering from mental health problems
- 40% of trainees had behavioural problems including violent and/or offending behavior and/or substance misuse
- 112 Chefs have completed the Fifteen Cornwall Apprentice Programme
- 91% of graduates remain employed
- 80% are still working as chefs
- Business created 70 year-round jobs in hospitality
- Over £22 million into the Cornish economy through wages and food-spend
- Over £4 million invested in training and support of disadvantaged young people (restaurant profits topped up by independent funding)
The Apprentice scheme
The Apprenticeship Programme consists of 3 months full-time training at Cornwall College, 4 weeks work experience in high quality kitchens and one year in the Fifteen Cornwall kitchen. Key to its success is a unique welfare support programme that helps young people access the programme, stay onboard and overcome any personal barriers. Recruitment is targeted towards young people with biggest barriers to progression. To apply, candidates must live in Cornwall; must be between 16 and 24; and must not be in employment, education or training. This year’s graduates bring to 180-plus the number of young chefs the foundation and Fifteen have successfully trained. Some have found other jobs, usually in catering, but over 80% are still cheffing, many in prestigious establishments. That’s a lot of young lives set on a different course.
Case studies: Please contact Fifteen Cornwall Marketing Team for Graduate Case Studies
About the Cornwall Food Foundation
While best known for managing the Fifteen Cornwall Apprentice Programme and Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall restaurant, the Cornwall Food Foundation is an ever evolving charity using food to ignite change working with schools and community groups.