Seasonal Cocktail- Rose and Elderflower Mojito
Spring has well and truly sprung! Cornwall is in bloom and we can’t get enough of the beautiful floral flavours of the season. Here’s our spring twist on a modern classic, made easy for constructing at home!
What you’ll need:
– A small handful of mint leaves (plus a sprig to garnish)
– One lime (cut into six segments)
– 50ml Golden Rum (for the cocktail on our list we use an in-house blended infusion of Havana Bianco, Appleton V/X, elderflowers and Amalfi lemons, but any decent gold rum will work just fine)
– 3 drops of rose water, we like The Bitter Truth’s
– 35ml Elder flower cordial (make your own here)
– A cup of crushed ice
What to do:
– Gently bruise the mint leaves in the bottle of a tall glass, add all but on slice of lime and continue to crush.
– Add the rum, rose water and cordial then stir.
– Stir through the crushed ice a little at a time, ensuring the mint and lime are evenly distributed through the glass.
– Top with a little soda water.
– Garnish with a sprig of mint and the remaining slice of lime.
– Enjoy outside in a beautiful English garden surrounded by pretty spring blooms!
Barman’s tip- When garnishing your mojito, awaken the aromatic oils in the sprig of mint by gentle tapping it on the side of the glass. This will bring the drinker a fresh scent of mint, working with the beautifully balanced, sunny flavours in the drink!