The Sunday Project- Make your own Homemade Lemonade
Hello and welcome to The Sunday Project. Each week we will be sharing something fun and productive to do on Sunday afternoon. As well as giving away some of our secrets we’ve also asked a selection of our favourite people from around Cornwall and beyond to share their expertise with us all! This week Josh Linfitt one of our Head Barmen is sharing our recipe for homemade lemonade…
Beautiful Italian lemons are at their best when harvested between now and the early Autumn. We have a wonderful recipe for homemade lemonade syrup that makes the most of their delicious zest that so often get discarded after juicing.
You will need:
– Five large un-waxed lemons
– Two Pods of Vanilla
– 20 Dried Juniper Berries (now stocked in most super markets)
– Two Pints of Water
– Two Pint Glasses full of caster sugar
– Use a peeler to take the zest from the lemons. Place the zest in a blender.
– To make up the syrup into refreshing lemonade, simply at 50ml of syrup and 25ml of lemon juice to a glass filled with lots of ice and top with your choice of still or sparkling water. Add a few rays of sunshine and you have the perfect afternoon!
– Finally share your picture with us! We want to see you and your friends and family, preparing, making and enjoying your lemonade on our social media. Use #TheSundayProject on Twitter and Instagram or post them up on our Facebook page here: